Request Euthanasia for Your Pet
The decision to put to sleep, or euthanize, a pet you've bonded with is never an easy one, but if your pet is suffering due to illness or injury, it may be the most compassionate you can do.
If your pet has a medical condition that can't be cured or treated, you may bring it to the Pet Adoption and Protection Center where a licensed veterinarian will carry out the euthanasia. The procedure is painless and the animal passes away quickly without suffering.
Unfortunately, you will not be able to be with your pet during the procedure, and you will not be able to take your deceased pet with you after the procedure. We also do not provide cremation services for deceased animals. If your pet has already passed away, you may bring the body to the Pet Adoption and Protection Center to have it disposed of.
Many owners prefer to have their own veterinarian carry out the euthanasia procedure since most allow the owner to be present during the pet's final moments. They can also arrange for the cremation of your pet and provide you with the ashes.
It's important to know that we may refuse to euthanize an animal that is not sick or suffering.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Your pet must have a serious medical condition.
- If the person requesting the euthanasia is not the official owner or registered representative, the pet's owner must provide a notarized authorization letter granting permission, and a photocopy of the owner’s I.D.
- Pet euthanasia services are available to any pet owner whether they reside in Miami-Dade County or elsewhere.
- Pet owners are not permitted to stay with their pet during the procedure.
- The pet owner must check in at the Animal Services Pet Adoption and Protection Center.
- Animal Services reserves the right to refuse service if the pet is not ill.
Euthanasia and Disposal of Pet
Your pet will be put to sleep and we will take care of the remains for you.
- Under 25 pounds $25.
- Over 26 pounds $30.
- Over 50 pounds $40
Disposal of Dead Animals
If an animal has passed away, you may bring it to the Animal Services Pet Adoption and Protection Center to have it disposed of.
- Under 25 pounds $10.
- More than 26 pounds $15.
- More than 50 pounds $20.
- No other household pets are accepted.
- Disposal of the body is availabe for an additional cost.
- Cremation services are not provided. Seek a private veterinarian to perform these services.
Locations and Hours
Pet Adoption and Protection Center3599 NW 79 Avenue, Doral, FL 33122Monday10:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.Tuesday10:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.Wednesday10:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.Thursday10:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.Friday10:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.Saturday10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.Sunday10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.