Apply for a County Job
All Miami-Dade County employment applications must be completed online. You must register an account before applying for a job. Visit a Miami-Dade Public Library for free computer use.
- Register to create an online profile, then you can apply for jobs. You can update your profile as needed.
- After applying for a job, you can check your application status and find out if you have been selected for an interview or if the position has been filled.
- You can apply for multiple positions as long as you submit one application per job.
- For help with the online application, call 305-375-JOBS from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Eligibility & Requirements
- A written, performance test or pre-employment test may be required.
- Eligible veterans and spouses of veterans may receive preference for non-exempt vacant positions.
- Hiring decisions are based upon satisfactory results of a physical examination, including drug and alcohol screening, and a review of the results of a pre-employment fingerprint-based national criminal background check.
- Ex-offenders can still be hired based on a number of relevant factors.
- You do not need to register to search for jobs.
- As you search for jobs, you can choose to receive emails about new job postings that meet saved criteria.
- If there is no current job opening, you can still complete an application that will be kept on file for a minimum of two years for future review by recruiters.
Current County Employees
You can only edit the email address in your online profile. For any other changes, contact your Department Personnel Representative.
For help with the online application, call 305-596-HELP from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
If you have a disability and need help with employment applications, examinations or interviews (including sign language translation), call the Office of Reasonable Accommodation at 305-375-5759 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Complete the Applicant Reasonable Accommodation form to request additional help.
Prior to the New Hire Processing Appointment, new employees are required to bring with them two forms of identification and the completed forms below:
Human Resources New Hire Center