Welcome to the new version of Miami-Dade County's website. We'd love your feedback. While we're at work, you may be directed to miamidade.gov, which is still your primary source for information.

Report Problems - Animals and Pets

If you witness any of the below conditions, you can either submit a report online or call us. We will open an investigation to ensure your concerns are handled.

Report a Stray Dog
Stray dogs can be reported to Animal Services (stray cat reports not accepted). The department will attempt to pick up the stray dog within 24 hours. If the dog is on any expressway, please call FHP at *347.

Request a Dead Animal Pickup
When a dead animal is on the public right of way, Animal Services will pick it up. Owners are responsible to remove dead animals from private property.

Request a Pet Account Update
Each pet has an account assigned to them when they receive their rabies vaccination and license for the first time. If your pet is lost, passed away, moved or given away, you should update your account to prevent getting a citation.

Report an Injured Animal
If you see a dog that has been possibly hit by a car, please contact us immediately so we can respond. We respond to injured animals as a priority.   

Report Animal Cruelty
We will investigate signs of cruelty. The most common signs include tick or flea infestations, no food or water, no shelter, injured and not taken to a vet for care, extremely thin or missing hair.

Report an Abandoned Animal
Pets that are left behind after the owner or tenant move. If a dog is left locked inside a car, please contact the Police for immediate assistance.   

Report a Tethered Dog
It is not legal to keep a dog tied up. We will investigate and educate the owner about this regulation.   

Report a Dangerous Dog
If a dog has attacked a person or another domestic animal, submitted a report so we can open an investigation.

Report Pit Bulls
It is illegal in Miami-Dade County to own or keep American Pit Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, or any other dog that substantially conforms to any of these breeds' characteristics. If you have a physical address of where one of these breeds are being kept, you can report it to have an investigation opened.

  • Animal Bite

    If you or someone else suffered a bite from a dog or cat, please report it by completing the Animal Bite Report. You will be asked to leave your name and phone number so that Animal Services can be dispatched to investigate.

    Pease note: All animal bite cases should be referred to the Florida Department of Health in Miami-Dade County at 305-470-5660

Online Options

Phone Number(s)