Apply for Low Income Home Energy Assistance
Each applicant will receive a credit payment which would be applied to their existing bill. The program is funded by the Florida Department of Community Affairs Division of Housing and Community Development, and provides assistance to over 50,000 households annually. LIHEAP provides assistance in three categories, which include:
- Regular Energy Assistance - designed to assist eligible participants with the ever increasing cost of their home energy expense. A credit ranging from $150 - $300 is applied towards your utility account.
- Crisis Energy Assistance - provides assistance to eligible households in resolving a home energy emergency/crisis. A credit ranging from $600 is applied towards your utility account.
- Weather Related Crisis - assists eligible households to resolve a home energy emergency caused by a specific weather related disaster as declared by the Governor.
Eligibility & Requirements
Regular Energy Assistance
- Restricted to once a year.
- Continue paying utility bill awaiting the credit payment to apply to your account.
Crisis Energy Assistance
- Permitted to apply twice annually.
- Having received a final notice or disconnection of services.
Weather Related Crisis
- Emergency caused by a specific weather related disaster declared by the Governor.
Eligibility Requirements for Regular Energy Assistance and Crisis Asisstance.
Note: Our office does not provide photocopies of any required documentation.
How to Apply
Complete the application and bring along with copies of the required documentation, to one of the Community Resource Center. Applications are accepted year-round based on funding.
Applications for Regular LIHEAP are accepted at all sites from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. or mailed to any of the Community Resource Center.
Applications for Crisis LIHEAP are accepted all day during regular business hours.