Welcome to the new version of Miami-Dade County's website. We'd love your feedback. While we're at work, you may be directed to miamidade.gov, which is still your primary source for information.

Petition to Annex an Unincorporated Area

A boundary change to a municipality can be initiated by the municipality or by an individual. Notices of the proposed boundary change must be sent to affected homeowners. The municipality must hold a public hearing to discuss topics such as millage rate impacts and the delivery of municipal-type services.

An application for boundary change must be filed with the Clerk of the Board and must include, among other documents, a legal description of the area, the services to be provided and its cost.

Locations and Hours

  • Stephen P. Clark Center

    111 NW 1st Street, Miami, FL 33128
    22nd Floor
    8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
    8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
    8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
    8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
    8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Department Main Image
Management and Budget
Jennifer Moon, Director

Stephen P. Clark Center
111 NW 1st Street, 22nd Floor Miami, FL 33128